Mass at St. Peter Claver Church will go on as scheduled this weekend. Saturday 4pm, Sunday 7:30am and 10am. Let us pray for God's protection and healing for those who have been affected. United in prayer.
Please note precautions advised by the State of Louisiana:
Recommendations to Prevent Illness
· Pray for the health of our people and that our leaders exercise thoughtful judgement during this time.
· Stay informed about COVID-19 – I am sharing resources below that will be helpful.
· In preparation for and during Communion Service please exercise extreme caution - to avoid possible transmission of coronavirus.
· Communicate with your congregations about how to best take care of themselves and their families:
o Wash your hands with soap and water regularly for twenty seconds.
o If you are feeling sick stay home.
o Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow.
o Limit close contact with others as much as possible and avoid shaking hands.
o If you feel the need to engage your primary care physician it is wise to call him or her prior to an office visit.
o We must understand that this virus has the most impact on individuals 60 or older or those with compromised immune systems - we encourage creative approaches to meet the spiritual needs of those members without putting them at risk.
· The Governor’s information page with relevant fact sheets and tools to assist communities - click here
· The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – click here
· Louisiana Department of Health for updated case numbers and impact by parish - click here